Business Energy Efficiency Programme - Herefordshire
The Business Energy Efficiency Programme (BEEP) supports businesses across the Marches region, with Severn Wye acting as a delivery partner to Herefordshire-based small and medium-sized enterprises.
The service includes:
- Expert energy efficiency advice including onsite energy survey, analysis of historical energy use, advice report presented onsite and help to create an action plan.
- Waste and water reduction recommendations to help your business make the most of its resources.
- Partial grants to help fund the installation of energy-saving measures. The grants are subject to eligibility criteria, and cover up to 40% of the install costs, depending on the amount of carbon that will be saved from the changes being made.
Grant funding is available for changes :
- LED lighting
- Compressors and specialist equipment
- Energy efficiency measures that lead to process improvements
- Renewable technologies
- Energy storage
- More efficient refrigeration equipment
- Heat recovery systems
- Insulation – loft, wall, pipework
As with most programmes, support and grant funding are subject to eligibility criteria. Your business must:
- Be situated in Herefordshire (or Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire).
- Spend at least £2,000 per year on your energy.
- Employ fewer than 250 people.
- Have an annual turnover of less than 43 million Euros (or equivalent).
Certain industries are ineligible, such as primary agriculture, retail businesses, social welfare, education facilities, banking and insurance. Please speak to us if you are unsure whether this applies to your business.
To register your interest and request an assessment of your premises:
Funding and free services provided by the ERDF is often unable to offer support to agricultural businesses. These communities may benefit from support from Severn Wye’s RE-DIRECT project, which is investigating a wide range of benefits of on-farm biochar production, including improvements to soil, plant and animal health, and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.